Sunday, October 21, 2012

AHL Hockey: Providence Bruins 4, Manchester Monarchs 3 (10/19/12)


I have only been to a handful of AHL games in the past, but am prepared to attend many more this season as a substitute for NHL hockey. I was pleasantly surprised at what a great game I saw on Friday night between the Manchester Monarchs and the Providence Bruins in Manchester. The Monarchs are the home team, and have traditionally obnoxious fans in my previous experience. There were a lot of Bruins fans there, obviously, since it's the lockout and all. Lots of Boston Bruins jerseys (but not one Providence Bruins jersey...)

Anyway, I had good seats. They were in the front row in the corner, although they were near a handicap exit so they weren't actual seats...they were folding chairs. And there were stupid stickers lining the bottoms of the glass that got in the way of taking pictures. Also getting in the way of taking pictures was the fact that the camera I use is a piece of shit. It's basically garbage since it was my mom's camera, but became so unreliable and useless that she bought a new one and would have thrown this one away if I hadn't tried to use it. It was good enough to get some decent shots.

I was thrilled that Jordan Caron got a hat trick. I hope to get his Providence jersey before the next Bruins @ Monarchs game that I am going to on November 10th. Aside from Caron's 3 goals, Spooner also scored for Providence. Niklas Svedberg in goal got his first win (as did the P-Bruins on the season). There were 2 pretty good fights. After jumping out to a 3-0 lead in the first, the Monarchs came back 3-2 in the 2nd, but ultimately the Providence Bruins success on the power play (THREE power play goals) got them the 4-3 win. Great stuff, lots of fun! Here are some pictures below, and all of my pictures from the night can be found here at my flickr!

Spooner after scoring the 1st goal.

More pictures below!


It was Manchester's home opener. 
Voynov was the only Cup winner from the LA team in the lineup.

Caron deflecting in a shot from the point for his 2nd goal of the night.

Captain Trent.

1st fight, between Richard Clune of Manchester and Bobby Robins of Providence.

Carter Camper

Craig Cunningham


No comments:

Post a Comment