Monday, December 19, 2011

TD Garden Experiences

My first Bruins game was April 13, 1997 against the Pittsburgh Penguins. I was only 10, so I don't remember a lot of details, but I do remember the seats were somewhere in the loge section, and the game was the last regular season game of the season (and the last game of the season for the Bruins, who missed the playoffs). It was also Mario Lemieux's last regular season game, as he was set to retire after the postseason that year (although he would later come out of retirement). The Bruins won 7-3. At the time, the TD Garden was called the Fleet Center, and it was in only it's second year of operation.

I went with my mom and dad. My dad had given the tickets to me and my mom for Christmas. He had attached an envelope to a stuffed animal penguin, and I didn't notice it at first. I thought the gift was just the penguin stuffed animal, which I loved anyway. I was shocked and ecstatic to see the tickets.

The penguin stuffed animal that came with the tickets to my first Bruins game
I was a Penguins fan back then for some reason. I have a Penguins jersey that I'm not sure of where it came from, but I do remember having a strong love for Lemieux and Jagr. Every year since then, I have attended the Bruins regular season home closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment