Friday, March 2, 2012

3/1/12: Bruins 4, Devils 3 (OT)!!

My pic (from warmups).
What a game!! Krejci hat trick to win it in overtime in perfect view...absolutely made up for the atrocity of the Rangers shutout...this is why it is always worth it to spend all the money you have in the world on tickets. This is the type of game I will always remember as one of my favorites, although several this year and last year have been so great. I decided to wear my Savvy jersey instead of my Peverley jersey cause I felt that the Savvy jersey had some luck drawing me to wear it, as it has been quite lucky in the past.



My game log this year:
  • Opening Night/Banner Raising Ceremony (Thursday October 6, 2011): Bruins 1, Flyers 2
  • Monday, November 7, 2011: Bruins 6, Islanders 2
  • Saturday, November 12, 2011: Bruins 6, Buffalo 2
  • Tuesday, January 10, 2012: Bruins 5, Jets 3
  • Saturday, February 11, 2012: Bruins 4, Predators 3 (Shootout)
  • Tuesday, February 14, 2012: Rangers 4, Bruins 0
  • Thursday, March 1, 2012: Bruins 4, Devils 3 (OT)
The seats for this game were great, and well worth the price. Loge 4, Row 23, Seats 29 & 30. They were like the club seats in that they were very high up toward the premium boxes, and they were more comfortable than the rest of the loge seats. They even had cup holders! We were at the very end of the row, which I love sitting in the aisle, so our view was more in the corner. Basically exactly below the seats with Cornelius in 307.

I cannot believe Krejci got a hat trick. Winning in overtime is such an awesome experience, but a hat trick?! And after blowing the lead, and I had such a horrible day and was so tired but this game was so worth everything, including all the money and birthday favors I spent towards it.

Cassie certainly deserved it since her first ever game was the Rangers shut out on Valentine's Day! We drank beer (since I'm 25 now they let me buy beer with my out-of-state license at the Garden!), ate pizza!, and had such a great time.

The drive down was also a horror - of course it was snowing hardcore. The roads were terrible, but I shelled out the extra cash to park in the Garden garage, and by the time the game was over, the roads were okay. There was a terrifying moment when I was trying to get to my car and was taking the stairwell instead of the elevator because I am terrified of the Garden elevators, and all the stairwell doors were locked, and when I went to go back out from the open door I came from, it was locked too. And an alarm went off. And nobody would fucking let me out to get to the elevators. I thought I was going to die in the garage stairwells. But I survived to tell the story! Enjoy some pics and videos from the game tonight

The ticket package came with a voucher for a copy of the Full 60 To History book. Here's my ticket with the book I got tonight.
Chris Kelly was on the poster tonight.
These posters were also given away for free. Not sure what the hell for.
View from my seats:

Thornton fight
Every single goal scored was scored in this side of the ice
Collecting hats!

This is a shitty video I got of it raining hats.

I decided to go with the Savvy jersey rather than the Peverley jersey. It worked!
Cassie did not throw her hat for the hat trick

No comments:

Post a Comment