Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Fighting in hockey term paper

I did a term paper this past term for my English Comp II class in which it had to be an argumentative paper, and I chose fighting in hockey. Some friends expressed interest in reading it, so here is the copy I passed in.

I wanted to fix it up quite a bit before sharing it because it was basically passed in last minute and I'm not very proud of it. I did a lot more research and hard work on it than the final draft here would lead you to believe, but I simply ran out of time and had to pass it in about 5 mins before the drop box closed for the semester. I'm not sure when I will actually get around to the revisions, so I am sharing what I sent to my teacher.

To my surprise, I got a 97%, which was just enough to catapult me into passing the class. When I went into this assignment, I was not actually anti-fighting, but I wanted to write about hockey and it seemed easier to take the anti-fighting stance for the sake of argument. I learned a lot of fascinating information and most of it, I did not even get the opportunity to discuss here. I definitely plan on returning to this sometime soon and rewriting it so that I am properly proud of it and that it reflects all the hard work that I put into it. For now though, here is the original copy.

Note: a big part of this grade was properly APA formatting the paper, so I assume I did that correctly given the high grade that I got. It really cock-blocked me from concentrating on other parts of the paper though.

Embedded below.



Fight Free Hockey

No comments:

Post a Comment